From the blog of Scope Unit have released a series of tips that can help prevent shoulder injuries, one of the most common in the world of paddle.
The shoulder, that big affected
The most common problems in the shoulder occur in what is called "rotator cuff", which contains the muscles and tendons that fix the shoulder but also help you to perform movements of flexion and extension, abduction and adduction and external and internal rotation of the same.
Paddle is a sport in which the movements we do are very repetitive. According to the comrades of Scope Unit «the muscles that most explode are the deltoid, pectoralis major, latissimus dorsi, biceps and triceps, the rest being little developed«.
The difference of the internal rotator musculature with respect to the external rotator generates a significant imbalance between them, which can lead to risk of injury. This causes a lack of harmony in the movements, creating pathologies and muscular compensations difficult to correct. This is only possible to correct through a postural reeducation and improvement in the technique of the blows.
Reasons that can cause the injury
- Bad technique when making auctions or trays.
- Continuous repetition for a long time, without breaks.
- Make overexertion at the time of making the hits.
- Executing the blow too fast, which causes an imbalance.
Tips to prevent shoulder injuries
1. Perform good heating
One of the great forgotten at times in the paddle matches. Who among you heats only the 5 minutes on the track? Heating during that time is not enough. It is advisable to spend more time in exercises without a ball.
Un basic heating and ideal would be the following:
- Stretch twins and quadriceps, dorsal and pectorals and shoulder muscles.
- Trot for about five minutes with legs and arms raised.
- Alternating side races.
- Trot alternating jump with stretched arms, and bend down to touch the ground with your hands.
We can also make a specific heating of a few 10 - 15 minutes in which it would be convenient to perform the following exercises:
- Zig-zag displacements, simulating hitting low balls.
- Side displacements with foot play activation, increasing and decreasing the speed.
- Specific heating of the shoulders with arm rotation or use of rubber bands, working in all directions and simulating hitting with the shovel.
- Simulation of hitting in the net and backward movement to simulate the hit of the tray.
2. Improve the technique
Sometimes without realizing it we make a series of gestures in our blows that are not at all adequate. The fact of doing them continuously and for a long period of time lead us to have discomfort.
The fact of incorrectly performing some hits like the auction or the tray will affect the shoulder area.
Thus, the companions of Scoop Unit Recommend us:
- In India there is finishing technique not only use the shoulder, but do it correctly: knee flexion, spine extension and arm flexion, elbow and wrist ending in extension of knees, flexion of the spine and extension of the upper limb.
- In India there is tray technique try to synchronize the column and the upper limb, braking with the external rotators the inertia of the arm.
- Avoid exaggeration of joint range. This translates into those gestures in which we carry the breasts far back of the head thinking that this way we will get more power in our auctions.
What to do if our shoulder bothers us?
In case it bothers us the man is advisable:
- Give him rest and leave a few days to play.
- Apply ice to the affected area to overcome the acute phase.
- Treatment with anti-inflammatories
- But the best treatment you can carry out is that of go to a specialist, a traumatologist, who can examine the area and recommend later what to do.